Governor Caleb Manasseh Mutfwang has ordered a major security clampdown across Jos North Local Government Area following the deadly attack in Angwan Rukuba community that claimed 28 lives.

The governor gave the directive in a statewide broadcast on Monday, describing the incident as tragic and deeply painful, while assuring residents that urgent steps have been taken to restore peace and prevent further violence.

He noted that the victims were innocent citizens who were attacked while going about their normal activities, expressing deep sympathy to the bereaved families and those injured.

“It is with a heavy heart and profound sorrow that I address you today… who shares in your anguish,” he said.

As part of immediate measures, the state government, in collaboration with security agencies, imposed a 48-hour curfew on Jos North to enable security operatives carry out thorough operations.

Governor Mutfwang stressed that the clampdown is aimed at stabilizing the area and ensuring the safety of residents, adding that the curfew will be reviewed as the situation improves.

“This measure allows security operatives to carry out thorough operations and ensure the safety of all residents,” he stated.

The governor revealed that he personally visited the scene of the attack alongside security chiefs to assess the level of destruction and strengthen preventive strategies.

He also visited victims receiving treatment at the Jos University Teaching Hospital, assuring that the government will take full responsibility for their medical expenses.

“I wish to assure all affected families that the Plateau State Government will take full responsibility for the medical expenses of the injured,” he said.

In a major breakthrough, the governor announced that a suspect who had earlier issued threats to peace in the state has been apprehended, with efforts ongoing to arrest other perpetrators.

“We are committed to ensuring that all those involved in this heinous act are swiftly brought to justice,” he declared.

To further strengthen security, the governor said a State Security Council meeting has been convened to review and reinforce the state’s security architecture.

He also directed strict enforcement of the ban on commercial motorcycle operations within the Jos Greater Master Plan as part of efforts to curb criminal activities.

Governor Mutfwang commended residents for remaining calm and not resorting to retaliation, urging them to continue cooperating with security agencies by providing useful information.

“Plateau State will not succumb to fear or intimidation. We shall emerge stronger, united, and resolute,” he assured.

He reaffirmed his administration’s commitment to protecting lives and property, calling on citizens to remain law-abiding and united in the face of the security challenge.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here