The effects of the coronavirus have continued to be felt in the Champions League even as teams prepare for the 2020/21 edition.
Qualifying, which had been due to begin on 23 June, kicked off on 8 August, with the playoffs set for between 22-30 September.
The group stage draw is set for 1 October, while the competition proper gets underway on 20 October.
Here are the key dates for the 2020/21 season.
- 8/9/10/11 August: Preliminary round
- 9 August: First qualifying round draw, Nyon
- 10 August: Second qualifying round draw, Nyon
- 18/19 August: First qualifying round
- 25/26 August: Second qualifying round
- 31 August: Third qualifying round draw, Nyon
- 1 September: Play-off draw, Nyon
- 15/16 September: Third qualifying round
- 22-30 September: Play-offs
- 1 October: Group stage draw, Nyon
- 20/21 October: Group stage, Matchday 1
- 27/28 October: Group stage, Matchday 2
- 3/4 November: Group stage, Matchday 3
- 24/25 November: Group stage, Matchday 4
- 1/2 December: Group stage, Matchday 5
- 8/9 December: Group stage, Matchday 6
- 14 December: Round of 16 draws, Nyon
- 16/17/23/24 February: Round of 16, first leg
- 9/10/16/17 March: Round of 16, second leg
- 19 March: Quarter-final and semi-final draws, Nyon
- 6/7 April: Quarter-finals, first leg
- 13/14 April: Quarter-finals, second leg
- 27/28 April: Semi-finals, first leg
- 4/5 May: Semi-finals, second leg
- 29 May: Final – Atatürk Olympic Stadium
All dates are provisional and subject to change by UEFA.