Arsenal travel to Anfield for an eagerly-anticipated Premier League clash against Liverpool on Monday night.
The two sides have a 100% percent record in the new season, with Liverpool beating Leeds and Chelsea, while Arsenal saw off Fulham and West Ham in their opening two matches.
Ahead of the match, here are some stats and facts.
Liverpool vs Arsenal
- Mikel Arteta could become the first Arsenal manager to win on his first away trip to Liverpool since Tom Whittaker in December 1947
- Arsenal are looking to win their opening three games to a Premier League season for the first time since 2004/05
- Alex Lacazette has scored four goals in his last six PL games. He last scored in three consecutive games in 2019
- The Gunners’ 2-1 win over Liverpool back in July was the first against them in 10 Premier League games
Only three fixtures – Liverpool v Manchester United (27), Chelsea v Man United (20), and Arsenal v Man United (18) have seen more defeats for reigning champions than the 16 between Liverpool vs Arsenal.
Head to head (All competitions)
- Games – 230
- Arsenal wins – 80
- Liverpool wins – 61
- Draws – 89
- Sokratis (Calf)
- Smith Rowe (Shoulder)
- Cedric (Calf – doubt)
- Chambers (knee)
- Mari (ankle)
- Martinelli (knee)
- Mustafi (Hamstring)
- Henderson (thigh)
- Matip (knock)
- Gomez (knee-doubt)
- Milner (calf-doubt)
- Oxlade-Chamberlain (knee)