The Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola said the fighters of the Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) are responsible for the attack on St Francis Catholic church in Owo, Ondo State.

Aregbesola disclosed this Thursday while briefing State House reporters after a meeting of the National Security Council presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa in Abuja.

recalls that some worshippers lost their lives in the explosion that occurred on the church premises while the mass was going on.

The minister said government had been able to locate the perpetrators of the Owo attack and has directed all its attention on ISWAP terrorist group.

Aregbesola and Inspector-General of Police, Alkali Baba Usman, said security agencies had been directed to go after the perpetrators of the act and bring them to justice.

He explained that said the terrorist group was out to pitch Nigerians against one another and make it appear as ethno-religious war.

The minister said there was no ethnic agenda in the attack, urging Nigerians to unite and defeat the terrorists.

See also  NASS: Details of Buhari’s meeting with Oshiomhole, APC Reps-elect emerge

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.