Paris Saint-Germain forward Lionel Messi is the highest-paid athlete in the world over the last 12 months, according to Forbes.
Messi, who earns a reported $75 million a year from playing soccer, also cashes in on $55 million from sponsorship deals and endorsements.
NBA superstar James comes in a narrow second on the rich list, earning $121.2 million a year.
The Los Angeles Lakers forward may have missed the playoffs this season but he’s been dominant off the court, cashing in on his talk show and starring in last year’s Space Jam: A New Legacy film.
Forbes estimates James is now worth a staggering $850 million.
Cristiano Ronaldo completes the top three, earning $115 million after moving from Juventus to Manchester United.
Forbes’ Top 10 Highest-Paid Athletes 2022;
- Lionel Messi: $130 million
- LeBron James: $121.2 million
- Cristiano Ronaldo: $115 million
- Neymar: $95 million
- Stephen Curry: $92.8 million
- Kevin Durant: $92.1 million
- Roger Federer: $90.7 million
- Canelo Alvarez: $90 million
- Tom Brady: $83.9 million
- Giannis Antetokounmpo: $80.9 million